Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bharat Mata

Subj: Bharat Mata
1. Dear Mr. Atrri,
Thank you so much for your reply. Your information is very informative, and now I will be able to quote you, together with a small introduction, in my work.
The thing that struke me was, that you call yourselve a pagan.
Is that 'pagan' as in 'non believer' ? Does that mean that your interest and protection is for the cultur of India in general, en not Hinduism?
Thank you again,
Irene Veldman
2. My Take:
Quote: Your information is very informative, and now I will be able to quote you, together with a small introduction, in my work.
COMMENT: Signora Irene Veldman: I am pleased that you find my information helpful. Please feel free to make use of it, any way you please.
3. During my last attempt at " Bharat ", I neglected to spell out " Mata ." The two go together as Bharat Mata.
Mata means Mother & Bharat Mata means Mother Bharat. It is the ancient ( Sanskrit ) name of India or Hindustan. Hindustan is the name that Bactrians ( AKA Persians/AKA Iranians ) gave to our country. It is said that Iranians could not pronounce the word Sindh ( referring to river Sindh in Pakistan ), and instead of Sindhustan, started calling it Hindustan. The suffix of " Stan " comes from the Sanskrit word Isthan, which means a place to live.
Thus Hindustan or Sindhustan is a place, where Hindus or Sindhus live.
4. Further " Mata " is a metaphor of many connotations, such as Bharat Mata, Gau ( Cow ) Mata, meaning Mother Cow, Mata Bhasha or Matri Bhasha, meaning Mother Tongue. In fact, India/Hindustan itself is referred to as Mother India, and never as Father India, as is the custom in places like Germany.

5. Quote: The thing that struke me was, that you call yourselve a pagan.
Is that 'pagan' as in 'non believer' ?

COMMENT: I am a Pagan alright, but I am not an unbeliever per se, I am an unbeliever in the Christian God. Similarly, I am also an unbeliever in Stupid-Allah, the Islamic God.

7. Quote: Does that mean that your interest and protection is for the cultur of India in general, en not Hinduism?
COMMENT: There are differences in the values of various religions, that inhabit India. But Hinduism alone is the bearer of Indian civilization. Despite thousand years of slavery, of credal religions of Islam & Christianity ( first Moslems and then the British ), neither Hindus nor Hindu civilization have been swept away.

But, even though, there is no Indian civilization, without or outside of Hinduism, and even though there is colossal threat from credal religions ( Islam & Christianity ), Hindu society has not imbibed a military spirit. How long is Bharat Mata going to last in India, with this defensive attitude of the Hindu.

Surinder Paul Attri

No comments: